top of page


Tax & Accounting Services

Dash Tax can assist you with your compliance services and tax planning for those with local, cross-border or global tax obligations. We provide a range of U.S. Tax Service Including but not limited to:


  • U.S. Income Tax returns     

  • U.S. Professional tax advice & representation

  • Income Tax Planning

  • Specialized U.S. Tax filings

Are you wondering if you are required to file U.S. taxes?

Compliance is required for all U.S. Citizens, living in the U.S.A. or abroad regardless of if you ever worked in the United States. U.S. Residents & Green Card Holders are also subject to U.S. Tax obligations.


Additionally, if you invest, earn income or spend a considerable amount of time in the United States you may all be subject to U.S. Tax obligations. We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or require guidance with regard to your current tax situation.

Comprehensive Tax Advice and Preparation

Our services include but are not limited to preparation of non-resident alien individual tax returns (form 1040NR) for US rental income, capital gains from real property, salary income, and business income;

  • preparation of US tax returns , and state returns;

  • preparation of US corporate income tax returns for US corporations or foreign corporations (form 1120 or form 1120F), together with required disclosure schedules;

  • preparation of US partnership returns (form 1065), together with partner statements (form K1);

U.S. Real Estate and/or Property Ownership

Individuals or organizations that have investments in U.S. property are subject to U.S. Tax reporting and compliance requirements.


To avoid exposure to tax compliance issues and avoid hefty financial penalties it is imperative that Canadian and other foreign investors consider tax planning and compliance services prior to or as soon as possible after acquiring real property in the United States.


International property investors have been a focal point of United States Tax Authority in recent years and as such we strongly encourage interested parties to consult with a U.S. Tax specialist before proceeding with any real estate acquisitions.

Non-Residents Investment in the United States

Regardless of your Citizenship or residence individuals receiving income from U.S. sources will have U.S. Tax compliance and reporting obligations. Specifically if you operate a business or are involved with trade in the United States it is in your best interest to consult with a U.S. Tax professional to ensure you are meeting your requirements.

U.S. Lottery & Gaming Winnings

Under U.S. tax laws all Lottery, Gambling and Gaming winnings are taxable. It is also of note that a 30% withholding tax is applicable to all foreign individuals including Canadians. That said as a Canadian you may be eligible for a refund of the excess tax withheld thanks to the Canada-U.S. Tax Treaty. If you are interested in learning more about your rights as a Canadian or Foreign Citizen when it comes to Lottery and Gaming Winning in the United States please do not hesitate to contact us. Dash Tax makes every effort to ensure our clients receive the maximum they are entitled to under the U.S. Tax laws.

U.S. Citizens Living Abroad

Though it has come as a surprise to some the rules and obligations for U.S. Citizens with regard to filing income, estate, and gift tax returns are virtually the same even if you do not live in United States.


Income from anywhere in the world is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of your location of residence. As a U.S. Citizen living abroad you may actually be subject to addition foreign reporting requirements that a Dash Tax professional can not only inform you of but assist you in completing.  The easiest way to ensure U.S. Tax compliance is by taking it to a professional.

Please reload

bottom of page